6.01.2008

Kahlua Cupcakes



So it seems that momentary lapse is officially gone! When you will things to happen, they actually do. Haha!

I started out with a recipe for old-fashioned chocolate cupcakes, but replaced the espresso with Kahlua. After baking the cupcakes, I tried out one and decided that the coffee flavor wasn't strong enough. So I mixed some more Kahlua, water, and espresso powder in a bowl. This is what I use for brushing the lady fingers (broas) for Tiramisu. So I ladled a teaspoon on top of each cupcake and let it seep into the cake.



The result was a subtle hint of coffee with just the right kick from the Kahlua. I didn't want to spend too much time with the frosting so I settled with just whipped cream spiked with even more Kahlua. Ha ha! Next time, I think I'm going to try a cream cheese frosting. I think it'd go well with the coffee flavor. It might even taste like Tiramisu! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: