6.25.2008

Afternoon Tea with Mommy

I attended a flash fiction workshop for the "What's Your Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Story" media launch yesterday afternoon. We were asked to write something in twenty minutes and this is what I came up with. In all its unedited glory. (:

I was never a tea drinker. In my head, tea always tasted like medicine. As I grew older, I started to try tea. First the basic lemon or chamomile, then moving on to flavored ones raspberry or cherry blossom. As I sit here, alone, in this dimly-lit café, I sip my warm tea, infused with earthy flavors. Then I remember my mother, the only tea drinker in the house. I smile silently, remembering her morning ritual of steeping tea. I now love tea, because of her. Everytime I prepare a glass, or purchase a cup, I always think of her.

Yay for 100 words! d: If you want to share your story, too, check out the details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: