5.31.2008

In Love

Five years ago, I had in my hand a plastic camera with what looked like four lenses. I had no idea how to use it or that it was actually a real camera that would take real pictures. I had a problem loading the film, mostly because it had been some time since I last used film in a camera.

Five years later, a few cameras, and several rolls of film after, I am still in love with this. The wait for the film to get processed and scanned. Picking pictures I want to get printed. The surprise I get whenever I see the pictures. Every frame is different from the other. Every camera, no matter how identical, will produce a different shot, used by a different person.

Awesome Sun slices through the lines Tree top Cross line Exit this way My bedroom window Electricity Street I love these shoes Block in the sky The storm is coming The morning after On the way to La Luz Shade Crisp On the boardwalk Lonely tree I love this In the water Beachscape Lovely On bulb at night Under the hut Shoot up Net Sunshine peeks Kissing trees Tanned toes Brought to you by the number

a quickr pickr post



Do what makes you happy. It doesn't matter what other people think. I get weirded out when I read people complaining about how lomography is going mainstream. How it "loses its thrill" when more people do it. How can you love something any less just because other people have discovered that it makes them happy, too?

I say, just shoot to your heart's content. (: I know I will. Bye! The sun is shining and it's time to take my babies out.

2 comments:

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: