3.07.2007

The eighth of March



She will kill me for sure because I posted another horrid picture online for the world (the www, at least) to see. But I think she might re-think that since I look sooo much uglier than her in this old class picture. :P She's actually cute there! With her bangs and curls. Very Candy Candy. :P

That's me and my best-est friend some eighteen (!) years ago (did I count right? We were in second grade in the picture). We've been classmates since first grade and we were even classmates in college. I see her maybe once every two months these days but whenever something important in my life happens, she's one of the first people to know. I love her to death and I don't know what I'd do without her. She's forever my kakampi and if anyone messes with me, she's got my back.

I remember a few years back when I had just gotten my heart broken (what's new? :P), she came to my house the very next day and the first thing I did when I saw her come into our kitchen was.. cry. I cried and cried and cried. I didn't even get any words out right away but she was there to listen, anyway. To my sobs and whimpers. And she was still there to listen after I had calmed down and couldn't stop talking about how hurt I was.

She was happy for me when I got into Wazzup, happy when I left, happy when I got regularized in Summit. She was supportive when I started going out with this person and was supportive even after it didn't end up the way I wanted it to. I never told her the details of what had happened but somehow she knew exactly what to tell me. She knows me so well that we don't even need to see each other for her to know what's wrong.

I love her like a sister—even if I don't have one. That's what she is to me, I guess, the sister I never had. I miss her and I really wish that all of her dreams come true. She deserves to be happy, especially on her birthday.

Happy birthday, Laika! I l♥ve you! Thanks for almost twenty years of friendship. I don't know what I'd do without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: