1.28.2012

Weekend Wind Down

January has been on full speed so far and I'm glad I have today to kind of take it easy. I made Red Velvet cupcakes this morning, an order for a friend celebrating a belated Chinese New Year. Letters to Juliet is on cable right now and I'm enjoying some well-deserved me time before heading out to fulfill my maid of honor duties. In 6 days, my best friend is marrying the love of her life. (:

Someone said that it isn't going to be a very good year for people born on The Year of the Dog (I'm a water dog). And I have to admit, the first four weeks of 2012 haven't exactly been easy. But in the spirit of "happiness is a choice," I am trying to see the good things and hoping for the best.

Starting with: Ending my work week with the Lolas seeing a hilariously cheesy-baduy film, my Red Velvet cupcakes coming out perfect even if my oven's light magically turned itself off, a yummy Saturday breakfast, our book project finally taking shape, the magazine I started working on also slowly but surely moving forward, and I am NOT working from home this weekend. (: See? It isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: