12.26.2006

A speech

I know there are still a couple of days left `til the New Year, but I wanted to type my list up while I still have it in my head.

There are a couple of people who made my 2006 one of the best years in my life. And there's no better time than now to thank them. (:

My family, for being the people I come home to everyday. You never fail to be my instant happy pill and time spent with you is always time well spent. No matter how many times I get bratty, I will always love you guys. ♥

My high school friends, especially Niña and Lani, who I've been going out with more than anybody else this year. Laika, too, because even if we don't see each other that often, she always knows exactly what I'm going through. Even if my explanation is barely a sentence.

The driving queens, for my first ever surprise birthday party. It couldn't have come at a better time, too. Totally unexpected and totally appreciated. (: You three are my favorite memory from college. I'm so happy that we kept in touch. I can't wait for Friday. :D

The Candy team, for being the best support group ever. I love "my peeps." They're the most awesome group of people I've worked with and I feel so blessed to be part of this team.

The handful of people I've kept in touch with from Wazzup. The ex-PAs Janezcha and Apols, my partners-in-crime, Mel and Lenni, Sheiden who didn't flake out on dinner the last time, and Chatmate Earl and his great music recos!

My friends in the office. It's so refreshing to be in a place where people are actually nice enough to be called such—friends. (:

And that one person who I was contemplating whether or not to include in this list. I figured, I might as well include him, since for the most part, he was a major reason for my happiness this past year. Unfortunately, I doubt it'll get carried over to the next, but even for that, I'm grateful. (: Every experience teaches you something new. And we should be thankful for lessons learned.

When I said that 2006 was going to be my year, it was part-wish and part-declaration. I have to say, in some ways, it was my year. I guess when you put your mind to it, things really can happen, things can really go your way. (: So 2007 is going to be even better than this year! I just know it. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: