12.17.2011

Holiday Rush

Last year, I was super efficient and got my Christmas shopping done at least a month before Christmas. This year, I panic bought gifts on the last weekend before Christmas eve!

I had a plan, though. To get to the mall right when it opens and get out before the madness starts at lunch time. Got to Megamall at 10:30 this morning and was out by 12:30. Not bad, right? I also rewarded myself with a tall glass of Iced Milk Chocolate from Blenz. Yum!

Speaking of rewards, yesterday was the annual Candy Girls Christmas lunch and pseudo exchange gift day. Some people will think, what a corny idea to pick out gifts and just have your "mommy" pay for it, but it's so much fun! I think we've been doing it for 3 years now.

 

Aside from picking out a present from my mum Marley (a pretty dress from Love, Bayo that I fell in love with the moment I saw it on their lookbook), I got myself a new wallet from Accessorize (they have a buy 1, get 1 promo going on for regular priced items!) and another floral dress from Mango. Both were on sale so I didn't feel too guilty getting a few gifts for myself, haha. Why is it so hard to stop buying stuff for yourself when you're out gift shopping for other people?

I passed out on my bed after shopping this morning so all my plastic bags remain unopened. I still have to wrap them all up before my friend Alyn's birthday party tomorrow. Will bake mini cupcakes for her dessert table, too! Still haven't decided on a flavor, but I'll figure something out tomorrow.

I've been feeling exhausted the past couple of  days (multiple orders, late nights, etc etc) but I'm getting excited for the holidays! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: