6.08.2011

Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day



I love breakfast. I can eat it three times a day. My breakfast staples: bread, peanut butter, Nutella, and coffee (iced or hot depending on the weather). Also, garlic rice, sunny side up, and any choice of the following: corned beef with diced potatoes, crispy bacon in maple syrup, or tuna in various sauces (the canned variety).

A few weeks ago, I had the honey glazed bacon and eggs from Figaro (which recently opened in our building so we're no longer kawawa in the coffee shop sense). Would have loved it even more if the bacon was a lot crispier. But I guess I love it enough because I've had it twice since.

Yesterday, on our breakfast table was a plate of sunny side up eggs and sweet ham. I was ready to grab the loaf of bread and smother it with peanut butter and Nutella but I decided to recreate the honey glazed bacon and eggs dish from Figaro. Instead of bacon, though, I had to make do with the ham.

It's really as easy as 1, 2, 3: Grab a piece of bread (you can toast it in the oven if you like), put a piece of ham (perfect for the bread since it's square!), and plop a sunny side up right on top. And because I like eating neatly (haha), I decided to slice up my food in equal parts. Okay, you don't need to do that.

What's on your breakfast table?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: