7.21.2007

Together we will find a hideaway

Not a lot of people know this but when I was much younger, I used to take voice lessons. After taking piano for how-many-years, I decided to step up and try singing. Haha! I was obsessed with Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin so a lot of my pieces were from the OST of those movies.

My first real lesson, though, was with Ed Manguiat of the UP Singing Ambassadors. My mom would take me and Gen (my tita's niece but not related at all to me) to sir Ed's house and we would learn songs like "Dahil Sa Isang Bulaklak." Yes, me with my tiny eight-year-old voice. I enjoyed singing and I loved the feeling of butterflies in my stomach every time I stepped into that house.

I eventually stopped but soon after, when I got a new piano teacher, she said that she also taught voice. So every week, after playing piano, we would take my notebook and list down a set of songs I'd sing for her. One that I remember is "Edelweiss." Haha! Frustated cast member of the Sound of Music, anyone?

Nowadays, my singing is confined within the four walls of my shower stall where I belt out the latest hits. d: So I'm always thrilled to watch friends who are actually singing—up there on stage and not just in their bathrooms. Haha!

I've been listening to this one song that my friend sent me and I can't send to anyone else. Haha! I love it. I used to dream of being the next Lea Salonga but I'm quite happy with just being a fan of the next big thing. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: