2.27.2012

Baker's Bites: The Making of a Wedding Cake


There are a few things on my baking bucket list and one of them is to make a wedding cake. I've actually had a delusion of making my own wedding cake, but after this, I may have to think twice. Haha!

One of my very good friends got married over the weekend and she asked me to make her wedding cake. I told her that I wasn't an experienced cake maker and I could only manage a 3-layer cake. No tiers, no height, no nothing. On the morning of February 25, I set out to do a 3-layer Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting in between the layers. I whipped up some Swiss Meringue Buttercream (since the wedding would be out of town and I wasn't sure if the Cream Cheese Frosting would hold for hours) and piped a very simple "design" with my trusty 1M star tip. After almost 6 hours in the kitchen, I made it in record time, delivering this cake and 20 individually packed cupcakes (for her giveaways) to my friend's condo.

There were so many things I wanted to fix. The uneven layers (the cake tilted ever so slightly to the right), the messy frosting, and the cake board (could have used an extra inch or two!). But I was so happy when my friend texted me, "Cake is soooo pretty, Mace! Galing mo! Thanks so much for everything! Love you!"

And just like that, it was perfect. I made my very first wedding cake. (:

Like Macy's Fields on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Macy! I want to see a pic of the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: