11.07.2010

Soupy Dumplings

I don't like soupy dumplings. Or at least that's what I remember. I just tried it when my friend Mimi brought some as her baon. I think I may have confused it with the sauce, which had a very strong ginger taste. Maybe that's why I always thought I didn't like it.

So last week, I went to this new place that supposedly has good soupy dumplings. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I was looking forward to yummy Chinese food. I was with Mimi and Stephie who both had eaten in the resto, here and abroad. I've never been, period. We got there a little past 11am and we already had to take a number. But the wait wasn't that long and we were in our booth seats in maybe 15 minutes.

They did the ordering save for the Chicken with Cashew Nuts in Spicy Sauce because I like anything with cashews and I was curious. We got the Crispy Eel (sweetand crunchy!), this noodle soup with a peanut-y broth (I removed the spring onions and wansoy that came with the spoon. Ick.), and of course, Xiao Long Bao.

The tray of soupy dumplings arrived steaming hot! But I didn't bite into it until in the middle of the meal so some of the soup might have either evaporated or got absorbed into the meat. I decided to skip the sauce and the verdict is: I like soupy dumplings just not with that ginger sauce. I had two despite my already hard tummy (note to self: stop eating when your stomach is as hard as your forehead, hehehe). And I wouldn't mind having just that. And maybe the chicken because I liked it a lot even if it was a bit spicy.

I was stuffed and didn't even get to finish the noodle soup. We split the bill among the 3 of us and it came out around P350 for each of us. I say not bad! I didn't even have dinner that night anymore because I was too full. That, and well, I had a large cup of Hokkaido. Heh.

Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao
V-Mall Greenhills Shopping Center
Greenhills, San Juan
570-6910, 570-6912
Operating Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: