4.03.2010

Top 10 John Mayer Songs, Go!

In about a month's time, John Mayer is going to play a show here in Manila. And 4 studio albums, 3 live albums, and 2 EPs later, I suddenly started listening to all the songs I have of his in my iTunes library.

I realize that I like a lot of his old stuff especially the live versions (remember Audiogalaxy?). Love the little snippets of his spiels onstage and the covers that he does before breaking into "No Such Thing" or "Love Song For No One."

Here's an attempt to short list my favorites to 10. In no particular order:
  1. "Neon"
    The very first song I heard. My brother made me listen to it. A trail of ruby red and diamond white is still one of my favorite lines from a song. It sounds so pretty.
  2. "Daughters"
    I've always loved this song (as I am an only daughter) but it took on a different meaning for me when I lost my mom two years ago. I think if I hear this live, I might lose it. O: (Also, it's probably the only song I really like on Heavier Things.)
  3. "Comfortable"
    I think what I like about his songs is how they can be so personal, almost like they were written for you. I remember hearing this song for the first time thinking I would love for someone to say these things to me.
  4. "Why Did You Mess With Forever"
    I have one more thing to ask,
    Was it worth the price you paid
    For my never coming back?
    Why did you mess with forever?

  5. "City Love"
    And I can't remember life
    Before her name

  6. "Love Song For No One"
    Who doesn't like this song? Theme song of all the single people waiting in the world for their other half. Hurry up and get here.
  7. "Sucker"
    And there could be no other way
    'Cause you're so, you're so lame
    Your tired words are all, they're all the same
    If I would walk, I'd surely walk away
    If I wasn't such a sucker for you

  8. "Stop This Train"
    Listened to this song a lot the year I turned 25. I was feeling depressed and unaccomplished and I actually convinced myself that I was only good at being young. I have since realized that I don't need to pressure myself because we all grow up at our own pace.
  9. "Friends, Lovers, Or Nothing"
    I may have made a lot of mistakes in relationships, but I don't regret any of them. If I learned anything though, it's to never settle. Because anything other than yes is no, anything other than stay is go, anything less than "I love you" is lying.
  10. "Back To You"
    I love it when he sings I'm swimming in a sea of faces trying to find my way to you but it's no use in a crowded room where everyone wants you.

What's your Top 10? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: