10.19.2017

Baker's Bites: Tuna Corn Casserole

Now that I have a bit of free time on my hands, I've been home a lot. I promised myself that after a couple of days of a much-needed break, I'm going to get back in the kitchen to make and bake. My past posts have been of the dessert kind but this time around, I'm sharing a quick and easy recipe for one of my all-time favorites from our kitchen. This isn't exactly the same one my mom used to make but I made do with the ingredients on hand. You need about 10-15 minutes prep time and then probably 30-45 minutes for the whole cooking time.


Cook 200 grams of elbow macaroni (we usually use fettuccine but we didn't have any on hand) in 2 liters of water with salt. Wait for the water to boil, pour in the macaroni, and cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain right away and set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter (I used Calaboo) and sauté half a red onion that's been diced. Add cream of mushroom (I used a 10 fl oz can of Campbell's) and half a cup of grated cheese (I used Quickmelt, lol). Stir until cheese has melted then turn off the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in a can of tuna flakes and a can of whole kernel corn (drain both before adding!) to the sauce. In an oven-safe dish, transfer macaroni and toss in tuna sauce. Make sure to coat all the pasta with the sauce before topping with more cheese. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 300F for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

Click and save the photo below for future use! Tag me if you decide to make it. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: