11.10.2011

29

I don't remember when I stopped obsessing about birthdays. When I suddenly didn't mind that there was no party or that I didn't intentionally make plans for the day. When I forgot that I had to blow out a candle. Or that I had to open gifts.

But I remember how my ordinary birthdays always turn out extra special even when I have nothing planned. I should've known today would be no exception.

All I had planned in my head was to get a trim and hang out with my friends after work. I took a leave and spent all morning catching up on TV shows I missed and having lunch with my dad. Little did I know, a plan (in the making for a month or so!) was waiting to be revealed just hours from that moment.

There was nothing extraordinary about my day. Pizza, pasta, and time with friends was enough for me. Imagine my surprise when I got all that and more.

I'm crying again as I type this, because I'm reminded once again how incredible my life truly is. I have friends who know me well and know exactly what makes me happy. I can't even begin to imagine what I've done to deserve such wonderful, gracious family and friends. I don't know what else to say but thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart that's swelling with joy. I'm so lucky to have you in my life.

That said, Kahlua cupcakes for everyone soon!!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww... so happy you're happy! Looking forward to those cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think I know you (meaning, your website) from waaay back, when there was still no blogspot or wordpress, and blogs were updated with notepad and HTML. I think at one point you were in my blogroll pa. :) I was from those days too! Good times, noh? :)

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a month late but still, happy birthday :) yeah, i agree, the best kind of nice is a very nice compliment to receive :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: