7.17.2008

Which Cupcake To Make

I spend a large chunk of time browsing through baking blogs. An entire tab of my universe is dedicated to different bakers' blogs. One of my favorite blogs is How To Eat A Cupcake, because practically everything she makes is yummy and so easy to make! (:

My relatives might be coming over this Sunday and I've been thinking of what new cupcake recipe to try. On my list of recipes to try are:
  1. S'mores Cupcakes
  2. White Russian Cupcakes (for the oldies, hehe)
  3. And, just this morning, Salted Caramel Cupcakes

They all sound so yummy! I'm leaning towards the S'mores and the Salted Caramel ones, because I think the kids (if they're coming) are going to love it. And I've been wanting to make marshmallow frosting for the longest time (I just learned yesterday morning how easy it is to make t! It's what Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting starts out as.), ever since I had my first bite of Chocolate Kiss's Devil's Food Cake back in college.

I was watching an episode of Sugar Rush this morning while getting ready for work. They were making two kinds of "celebration" cakes. One was a beautiful 5-tiered 8-layer cake (are you following? haha) that was pink-orange-yellow with gold leaf (is that what it's called?) and the other was a tower of cream puffs and sugar ribbons. They were both so beautiful! I wonder when I'll be able to make cakes like those. Hmm. (:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 PM

    i also read how to make a cupcake... when/if ever i start making cupcakes (i've been wanting to), siguro sa kanya ako kukuha ng recipe :P

    you should start your own baking blog. hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:32 PM

    i love making cupcakes too because:

    1. they're easy to make
    2. they're easy to eat (and not feel guilty, unless you wolf down a few dozen. hahahaha!)
    3. they're easy to give away
    4. they're just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name and e-mail addy, at least. (: